We are delighted to join you for an exciting, educational meeting, and we are proud to once again be a Visionary Sponsor for Academy 2018 San Antonio.
This year, we are excited to showcase our newest innovation, ACUVUE® OASYS with Transitions™ Light Intelligent Technology™, through interactive experiences in our booth. Stop by to see the newest in contact lens innovation!
Try ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses
Learn more about our LipiScan™ and LipiFlow® technologies
Check out the Blink® Family of Products for yourself
Johnson & Johnson Vision is proud to thank our colleagues and their collaborators around the world for their hard work to compile the comprehensive data contributing to 11 papers and posters being presented at Academy 2018. We hope you will have an opportunity to attend these poster sessions and presentations, summarized in this guide.
Click Here for Clinical Research & Innovations – A Guide to our American Academy of Optometry 2018 Posters and Presentations
Wednesday, November 7
- Paper Presentation: A Contra-lateral Comparison of the Visual Effects of Clear vs. Photochromic Contact Lenses. Presented by Dr. Billy Hammond (Room 303, 1:15 – 1:30 p.m.)
- Paper Presentation: Contact Lens Induced Corneal Infiltrative Events During Extended Melimine Antimicrobial Contact Lens (MACL) Wear Clinical Trial. Presented by Dr. Mark Willcox (Room 303, 2:30 – 2:45 p.m.)
- Paper Presentation: Does Extended Melimine Antimicrobial Contact Lens (MACL) Wear Affect the Ocular Microbiota? Presented by Dr. Parthasarathi Kalaiselvan (Room 303, 2:45 – 3:00 p.m.)
- Paper Presentation: Investigating the Role of UV-blocker as an Antioxidant to Prevent Oxidation of Tear Film Component Deposition in Commercial Contact Lens Hydrogels. Presented by Noelle Rabiah (Room 303, 3:00 – 3:15 p.m.)
Thursday, November 8
- Paper Presentation: The Impact of Photochromic Contact Lenses on Daytime and Nighttime Driving Performance. Presented by Dr. John Buch (Hemisfair Ballroom C1, 8:30 – 8:45 a.m.)
- Paper Presentation: Meta-analysis of Axial Elongation in Myopic Children. Presented by Dr. Noel Brennan (Room 304, 1:00 p.m.)
Friday, November 9
- Poster Presentation: Evidence-based Efficacy of Myopia Control Interventions. Poster #84 presented by Dr. Noel Brennan (Exhibit Hall 3, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.)
- Poster Presentation: Comparison of a Neuro-optical Model with Vision Performance in Multifocal Contact Lenses. Poster #156 presented by Dr. Derek Nankivil (Exhibit Hall 3, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.)
- Poster Presentation: Prevalence of Astigmatism in Presbyopes. Poster #141 presented by Dr. Tom Karkkainen (Exhibit Hall 3, 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.)
- Poster Presentation: Prelens Tear Film Measurements Using Twyman-Green Interferometry. Poster #159 presented by Dr. Greg Hofmann (Exhibit Hall 3, 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.)
- Poster Presentation: Comfort and Biocompatibility During Extended Melimine Antimicrobial Contact Lens (MACL) Wear Clinical Trial. Poster #151 presented by Dr. Mark Willcox (Exhibit Hall 3, 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.)
We are proud to support several exciting events during Academy 2018 - we hope to see you there!
All events, unless otherwise noted, will be held in the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center.
Wednesday, November 7
Knock Out Drop Out in Your Practice Lunch & Learn
12:00 – 12:45 p.m., Classroom 152, Room 006CD, River Level
Meibomian Gland Dysfunction may be more prevalent than you think. Dr. Carol Alexander provides a comprehensive solution to help eye health professionals and patients break out of patterns that lead to contact lens drop out.
Student Networking Reception
5:00 – 7:00 p.m., Ballroom B2
Dr. Charissa Lee helps to welcome optometry students to Academy 2018 at this opening night reception
Cataract Surgery Broadcast
7:00 – 10:00 p.m.,
Join Gregory Parkhurst, MD, and Roberto Saenz, OD, along with an esteemed panel of clinical experts for a high-definition broadcast of cataract surgery. Visit www.cataractsurgerybroadcast.com to register.
Friday, November 9
Student Networking Lunch
12:00 – 12:30 p.m., Ballroom B2
All optometry students are welcome for an engaging networking luncheon, sponsored by Johnson & Johnson Vision.
The Future of Contact Lenses for Optometry Vision Theater Session
12:40 – 1:20 p.m., Exhibit Hall 4 West Theater
Wondering what’s next for the future of contact lenses? Dr. Carol Alexander will highlight world-class innovations and diverse eye health technologies with a focus on keeping the doctor-patient relationship at the center of care.
Resident & Practitioner Networking
4:30 – 6:00 p.m., Room 225
Johnson & Johnson Vision is proud to sponsor this opportunity for residents and doctors to meet, talk and connect.
Connect With Us!
Sign up to be one of the first to get more information on the launch of ACUVUE® OASYS with Transitions™!
Follow us on social media for the latest from #Academy18!