KEY POINTS FROM THE LATEST PUBLISHED CLINICAL STUDIES:
- Refitting SiHy wearers with 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST MULTIFOCAL (etafilcon A) results in minimal impact to ocular physiology along with high levels of overall comfort and vision satisfaction10
- Recently reported results for adverse events contribute further evidence to support the safety profile of daily disposables in general and etafilcon A in particular15,18,19
- etafilcon A DDs are associated with a lower risk of corneal infection than other DDs evaluated20
Click here to read the full article.
10. Moezzi A, Varikooty J, Luensmann D et al. Open-eye clinical performance of etafilcon A multifocal daily disposable hydrogel contact lenses compared to habitual silicone hydrogel lens wear. Optom Vis Sci 2016 e-abstract 16559.
15. Chalmers RL, Hickson-Curran S, Keay L et al. Rates of adverse events with hydrogel and silicone hydrogel daily disposable lenses in a large postmarket surveillance registry: the TEMPO Registry. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 2015;56:654-663.
18. Hickson-Curran SB, Chalmers RL, Keay L et al. Patient-reported wearing experience from hydrogel daily disposable wearers older than 40 years from TEMPO registry. Eye Contact Lens 2017;43:5 313-317.
19. Diec J, Papas E, Naduvilath T et al. Combined effect of comfort and adverse events on contact lens performance. Optom Vis Sci 2013;90:7 674.
20. Stapleton F, Naduvilath T, Keay L et al. Risk factors and causative organisms in microbial keratitis in daily disposable contact lens wear. PLoS ONE 2017;e0181343.