LipiScan™ Dynamic Meibomian Imager
The first dedicated HD meibomian gland imager designed for efficiency and versatility.
With a small footprint and user-friendly design, the LipiScan™ with Dynamic Meibomian Imaging™ (DMI) was designed to make high-definition meibography accessible for any practice.
The durable yet lightweight device was designed for workflow maximization and easy integration into busy practices. Both lower eyelids can be imaged in about a minute.
- Workflow maximization with fast capture of meibomian gland images
- Small footprint and lightweight (25 lbs) for optimal versatility
- Fast and intuitive operation for seamless integration into routine workups
- Affordably priced to furnish small practices or multiple locations
- Renders high-definition image of meibomian gland structure
- DICOM compatibility to export images to EMR
MEIBOMIAN GLANDS IN HIGH DEFINITION
Surface lighting originates from multiple light sources to minimize reflection.
Changes to the light intensity across the surface of the illuminator compensate for the lid thickness variations between patients.
A combination of Dynamic Illumination and Adaptive Transillumination offers an enhanced view of meibomian gland structure.
- Quickly image both lower lids in about 60 seconds
- Light weight; small footprint
SUMMARY OF IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
FOR THE LIPISCANTM DYNAMIC MEIBOMIAN IMAGER
INDICATIONS FOR USE
LipiScan™ Dynamic Meibomian Imager (DMI) is an ophthalmic imaging device intended for use by a physician in adult patients to capture, archive, manipulate and store digital images of the meibomian glands.
Contraindications are conditions in which the device should not be used because the risk of use clearly outweighs any benefit.
Precautions provide information regarding any special care to be exercised by the practitioner for the safe and effective use of the device, as described below. Caution: Disinfect the surfaces of the chin rest, forehead rest and Handheld Near Infrared (IR) Lid Everter with isopropyl alcohol immediately prior to use and prior to storage to prevent cross-contamination and patient infection.
POTENTIAL ADVERSE EFFECTS
There are no known or anticipated adverse effects associated with use of this device.