Blink® Tears Lubricating Eye Drops
Blink® Tears Lubricating Eye Drops
TREAT YOUR PATIENTS' MILD TO MODERATE DRY EYE SYMPTOMS
To give your patients immediate, long-lasting relief from dry eye symptoms1,2,3, recommend Blink® Tears Lubricating Eye Drops. With its hypoosmolar, viscoelastic formula, it mimics human tears to quickly thicken and help stabilize the tear film. It maximizes hydration while being gentle on the eye3,4,5,6,7,8,9.
- Provides immediate, long-lasting dry eye symptom relief1-3
- Helps stabilize tear film and maximize hydration4-6
- Becomes preservative free in the eye by automatically breaking down into natural tear components, water and sodium chloride, when exposed to ultraviolet light9
WHO IS THIS PRODUCT FOR?
For people who experience the following symptoms:
- Minor irritation
Their lifestyles may include:
- Frequent ‘screen time’
- Frequent outdoor activities
- Work outdoors or in dusty/dirty environments
- Chronic exposure to air pollution
RESTORES NATURAL BALANCE
Blink® Tears Lubricating Eye Drops can help give your patients immediate relief from their dry eye symptoms by reducing hyperosmolarity (high salt levels in tear film).3,8 It has the lowest osmolarity among widely used brands.3,8
In a 30-day study comparing Blink® Tears and Systane® Drops, the eyes treated with Blink® Tears exhibited lower osmolarity scores within five minutes of drop instillation on day one. Osmolarity also gradually decreased more over time than in eyes treated with Systane® Drops.8
STABILIZES TEAR FILM
- With its unique viscoelastic formula, Blink® Tears has properties that make it similar to natural mucin found in human tears.4-6 It combines a soothing eye lubricant with Hyaluronic Acid(HA), which works within the formulation as a hydration booster, to quickly thicken and help stabilize the tear film with every blink4,5,6
- Similar to tear mucin, HA binds a large volume of water (1000X) to thicken and help stabilize the tear film4-6
- Because it is viscoelastic, the formula thins and thickens as the eye blinks. This elasticity ensures that the lubricating eye drops don’t get blinked away shortly after insertion like can happen with other drops.4-6
- Blink® Tears’ advanced formulation allows moisture to be held in the eye for more than 60 minutes – it is uniquely formulated to stay in the eye longer for long-lasting dryness relief4-6
BECOMES PRESERVATIVE—FREE IN THE EYE
Blink® Tears becomes preservative free in the eye9
- OcuPure® Preservative is a non-toxic preservative that provides antimicrobial activity in the bottle. It is gentle — breaking down into natural tear components (water and sodium chloride) when exposed to light9
INDICATIONS AND IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION FOR BLINK® TEARS DROPS
For the temporary relief of burning, irritation, and discomfort due to dryness of the eye or exposure to wind or sun.
May be used as a protectant against further irritation.
For external use only.
To avoid contamination, do not touch tip of container to any surface. Replace cap after using.
Do not use if solution changes color or becomes cloudy.
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
You experience eye pain, changes in vision, continued redness or irritation of the eye, or if the condition worsens or persists for more than 72 hours.
Keep out of the reach of children.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Instill 1 or 2 drops in the affected eye(s) as needed or as directed by your eye care professional.
Boric Acid; Calcium Chloride; Magnesium Chloride; Potassium Chloride; Purified Water; Sodium Borate; Sodium Chloride; Sodium Chlorite (OcuPure® brand) as a preservative; Sodium Hyaluronate.
Use only if tape seals on top and bottom flaps are intact.
DRUG FACTS FOR BLINK® TEARS DROPS
Active Ingredient Purpose
Polyethylene Glycol 400 0.25% . . . . . . . Eye lubricant
Blink® Tears Drops is for the temporary relief of burning, irritation, and discomfort due to dryness of the eye or exposure to wind or sun, and may be used as a protectant against further irritation. Patients should stop use if they experience eye pain, changes in vision, continued redness or irritation of the eye, or if the condition worsens or persists for more than 72 hours.
1. Dumbleton K et al. An investigation of efficacy of a novel ocular lubricant. ECL. 2009;3:149-155
2. Wasmanski A et al. Cross-Over Evaluation PEG-400 0.4% & 0.25% artificial tears in mild dry eye patients. Poster ARVO, 2010.
3. Montani G. lntrasubject tear osmolarity changes with two different types of eye drops. OVS. 2013; 90(4): 372-377.
4. Laurent T. Structure hyaluronic acid. EA Balazs (Ed.) Chemistry and molecular biology of intercellular matrix. Academic Press, London; 1970:703-732.
5. Aragona P et al. Long term treatment with sodium hyaluronate-containing artificial tears reduces ocular surface damage in patients with dry eye. Br J Ophthalmol. 2002;86:181-184
6. Huth S et al. Wavelength-dependent optical interferometry measurements of change in thickness of apical corneal tear film following eye drop instillation. Poster ARVO 2008
7. Kislan T. Randomized, cross-over evaluation PEG-400 based artificial tear (blink) versus HP-Guar based artificial tear (Systane) for signs and symptoms of dry eye. Poster ARVO 2008
8. Benelli U et al. Tear osmolarity measurement using TearLab Osmolarity System in assessment dry eye treatment effectiveness. CLAE (2010), 33 61–67
9. Noecker R. Effects of common ophthalmic preservatives on ocular health. Adv Ther. 2001;18(5):205-215