Blink Contacts® Lubricating Eye Drops
Blink Contacts® Lubricating Eye Drops
RELIEF WITH EVERY BLINK
Lens-related dryness can be common among soft contact lens wearers. A recommendation for Blink Contacts® Lubricating Eye Drops can help give your patients long-lasting comfort through the end of the day.1-3
- Moisturizes dry contact lenses1-3
- Provides long-lasting comfort through end of day1-3
- Safe for daily use with soft & RGP lenses1-3
WHO IS THIS PRODUCT FOR?
Blink Contacts® Lubricating Eye Drops are safe for daily use and recommended for soft and RGP lenses3
For people who experience the following symptoms:
- Contact lens related dryness
- Gritty, sandy or scratchy sensation
- Dry or fatigued eyes
- Irritation, burning, or stinging associated with lens wear
- Moisturizes dry contact lenses with a formula that contains sodium hyaluronate to help maintain a stable tear film and reduce discomfort which can lead to premature lens removal1-3
- Sodium hyaluronate is a naturally occurring ocular substance which forms a moisture cushion to help eyes stay refreshed and comfortable1-3,4,5,6
BECOMES PRESERVATIVE-FREE IN THE EYE7
OcuPure® Preservative is gentle - breaking down into natural tear components (water and sodium chloride) when exposed to light7. It is also non-toxic and provides antimicrobial activity in the bottle7
INDICATIONS AND IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION FOR THE BLINK CONTACTS®LUBRICATING EYE DROPS
Blink Contacts® Lubricating Eye Drops is a sterile, buffered, isotonic, preserved solution.This aqueous formulation includes purified water, sodium hyaluronate, sodium chloride, potassium chloride, calcium chloride, magnesium chloride, boric acid and is preserved with OcuPure® preservative (stabilized oxychloro complex 0.005%). This preparation contains no chlorhexidine, no thimerosal and no other mercury containing ingredients.
Blink Contacts® Lubricating Eye Drops has been formulated for use with both soft and rigid gas permeable (RGP) contact lenses; to rewet lenses before insertion and lubricate lenses during wear and to moisturize and refresh tired, dry eyes. It also relieves minor irritation, discomfort, dryness, blurring and itchiness, which may occur while wearing your lenses.
Use Blink Contacts® Lubricating Eye Drops to lubricate and rewet soft (hydrophilic) and rigid gas permeable (RGP) contact lenses, to help relieve dryness, discomfort and irritation that may be associated with lens wear and to cushion lenses by placing a drop on the lens prior to application on the eye.
If you are allergic to any ingredient in Blink Contacts® Lubricating Eye Drops, do not use this product.
PROBLEMS WITH CONTACT LENSES AND LENS CARE PRODUCTS COULD RESULT IN SERIOUS INJURY TO THE EYE. It is essential that you follow your eye care professional’s directions and all labeling instructions for proper use and care of your lenses and lens care products, including the lens case. EYE PROBLEMS, INCLUDING CORNEAL ULCERS, CAN DEVELOP RAPIDLY AND LEAD TO LOSS OF VISION. Daily wear lenses are not indicated for overnight wear and should not be worn while sleeping. Clinical studies have shown that the risk of serious adverse reactions is increased when these lenses are worn overnight. Extended wear lenses should be regularly removed for cleaning and disinfecting or for disposal and replacement on the schedule prescribed by your eye care professional. Clinical studies have shown that there is an increased incidence of serious adverse reactions in extended wear contact lens users as compared to daily wear contact lens users. Studies have also shown that the risk of serious adverse reactions increases the longer extended wear lenses are worn before removal for cleaning and disinfecting or for disposal and replacement. Studies have also shown that smokers had a higher incidence of adverse reactions. It is recommended that contact lens wearers see their eye care professional once a year or if directed, more frequently. To avoid contamination, do not touch the dropper tip of the bottle to any surface and DO NOT transfer contents to any other bottle or container. Replace cap after using.
Keep bottle tightly closed when not in use. For in-eye use only. Do not use in the lens case. Store at room temperature. Use before the expiration date marked on the bottle and carton. Use before the expiration date marked on the bottle and carton. DISCARD SOLUTION 45 DAYS AFTER OPENING. Keep out of the reach of children. Do not use if neckband on bottle is broken or missing.
ADVERSE REACTIONS (POSSIBLE PROBLEMS) AND WHAT TO DO:
The following may occur:
Eyes stinging, burning or itching
Excessive watering (tearing) of the eyes
Unusual eye secretions
Redness of the eyes
Reduced sharpness of vision (visual acuity)
Sensitivity to light (photophobia)
If you notice any of the above, IMMEDIATELY remove and examine your lenses. If a lens appears to be damaged, do not reapply; consult your eye care professional. If the problem stops and the lenses appear to be undamaged, follow the “Directions” below, before reapplying the lens. If the problem continues IMMEDIATELY remove your lenses, discontinue use of all lens care products that contact the eye, and consult your eye care professional. If any of the above occurs, a serious condition such as infection, corneal ulcer, neovascularization, or iritis may be present. Seek immediate professional identification of the problem and obtain treatment if necessary, to avoid serious eye damage.
TO LUBRICATE AND REWET LENSES DURING THE DAY:
With the lenses on the eye, apply 1 to 2 drops to each eye as needed, or as directed by your eye care professional. Blink several times.
FOR EXTRA COMFORT:
Place 1 or 2 drops of Blink Contacts® Lubricating Eye Drops on each side of each lens before application.
Blink Contacts® Lubricating Eye Drops is supplied in sterile 0.06 fl oz (2mL) and 0.34 fl oz (10mL) plastic bottles. The bottles are marked with the lot number and expiration date.
1. Frenette B. Improvement of contact lens comfort with the use of a sodium hyaluronate (SH) drop on the lens before insertion. American Academy of Optometry, 2011.
2. Michaud L. Evaluation of sodium hyaluronate lubricating drop used before insertion of contact lenses on symptomatology, severity and intensity of ocular dryness. International Scholarly Research Network 2012, article ID 762784.
3. Data on file. June 2003. HARW 102 9464, Blink Contact Lens Rewetter Solution, Clinical Trial. Final Report.
Laurent T. Structure hyaluronic acid. EA Balazs (Ed.) Chemistry and molecular biology of intercellular matrix. Academic Press, London; 1970:703-732.
4. Aragona P et al. Long term treatment with sodium hyaluronate-containing artificial tears reduces ocular surface damage in patients with dry eye. Br J Ophthalmol. 2002;86:181-184
5. Huth S et al. Wavelength-dependent optical interferometry measurements of change in thickness of apical corneal tear film following eye drop instillation. Poster ARVO 2008
6. Noecker R. Effects of common ophthalmic preservatives on ocular health. Adv Ther. 2001;18(5):205-215