Blink GelTears® Lubricating Eye Drops
Blink GelTears® Lubricating Eye Drops
TREAT YOUR PATIENTS' MODERATE TO SEVERE DRY EYE SYMPTOMS
Give your patients all the benefits of Blink® Tears Lubricating Eye Drops but with a thicker, more viscous lubricating formula for enhanced comfort and relief from moderate to severe dry eye symptoms.1,4 With its hypoosmolar, viscoelastic formula, Blink GelTears® Drops mimics human tears to quickly thicken and help stabilize the tear film. It maximizes hydration while being gentle on the eye.3,5,6,7,8,9,10 It is also ideal for daytime and nighttime use.1,4
- For moderate to severe dry eye symptoms1,4
- Provides immediate, long-lasting dry eye symptom relief1-3
- Helps stabilize tear film and maximize hydration5-7
WHO IS THIS PRODUCT FOR?
For people who experience the following symptoms:
- Minor irritation
Their lifestyles may include:
- Frequent ‘screen time’
- Frequent outdoor activities
- Work outdoors or in dusty/dirty environments
- Chronic exposure to air pollution
RESTORES NATURAL BALANCE
Blink GelTears® Lubricating Eye Drops can help give your patients immediate relief from their dry eye symptoms by reducing hyperosmolarity (high salt levels in tear film).3,8 It has the lowest osmolarity among widely used brands.3,8
More subjects reported greater comfort, less dryness, greater satisfaction and no impact on quality of vision with Blink GelTears® when compared to Allergan’s Refresh Optive® Liquid Gel.1,4
STABILIZES TEAR FILM
- With its unique viscoelastic formula, Blink GelTears® has properties that make it similar to natural mucin found in human tears.5-7 It combines a soothing eye lubricant with Hyaluronic Acid (HA), which works within the formulation as a hydration booster, to quickly thicken and help stabilize the tear film with every blink5,6,7
- Similar to tear mucin, HA binds a large volume of water (1000X) to thicken and help stabilize the tear film5-7
- Because it is viscoelastic, the formula thins and thickens as the eye blinks. This elasticity ensures that the lubricating eye drops don’t get blinked away shortly after insertion like can happen with other drops.5-7
- Blink GelTears®’ advanced formulation allows moisture to be held in the eye for more than 60 minutes – it is uniquely formulated to stay in the eye longer for long-lasting dryness relief5-7
BECOMES PRESERVATIVE—FREE IN THE EYE
Blink GelTears® becomes preservative free in the eye10
- OcuPure® Preservative is a non-toxic preservative that provides antimicrobial activity in the bottle. It is gentle — breaking down into natural tear components (water and sodium chloride) when exposed to light10
GenTeal®, Systane®, Systane Balance® and Systane Ultra® are trademarks of Alcon Laboratories.
Refresh® and Refresh Optive® are trademarks of Allergan Inc.
INDICATIONS AND IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION FOR BLINK GELTEARS® DROPS
For the temporary relief of burning, irritation, and discomfort due to dryness of the eye or exposure to wind or sun.
May be used as a protectant against further irritation.
For external use only.
To avoid contamination, do not touch tip of container to any surface. Replace cap after using.
Do not use if solution changes color or becomes cloudy.
STOP USE AND ASK A DOCTOR IF:
You experience eye pain, changes in vision, continued redness or irritation of the eye, or if the condition worsens or persists for more than 72 hours.
Keep out of the reach of children.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Instill 1 or 2 drops in the affected eye(s) as needed or as directed by your eye care professional.
Boric Acid; Calcium Chloride; Magnesium Chloride; Potassium Chloride; Purified Water; Sodium Borate;
Sodium Chloride; Sodium Chlorite (OcuPure® brand) as a preservative; Sodium Hyaluronate.
Use only if tape seals on top and bottom flaps are intact.
DRUG FACTS FOR BLINK GELTEARS® DROPS
Active Ingredient Purpose
Polyethylene Glycol 400 0.25% . . . . . . . Eye lubricant
1. Dumbleton K et al. An investigation of efficacy of a novel ocular lubricant. ECL. 2009;3:149-155
2. Wasmanski A et al. Cross-Over Evaluation PEG-400 0.4% & 0.25% artificial tears in mild dry eye patients. Poster ARVO, 2010.
3. Montani G. lntrasubject tear osmolarity changes with two different types of eye drops. OVS. 2013; 90(4): 372-377.
4. Rah M. A review of hyaluronan and its ophthalmic applications. Optometry. 2011; 82,38-43
5. Laurent T. Structure hyaluronic acid. EA Balazs (Ed.) Chemistry and molecular biology of intercellular matrix. Academic Press, London; 1970:703-732.
6. Aragona P et al. Long term treatment with sodium hyaluronate-containing artificial tears reduces ocular surface damage in patients with dry eye. Br J Ophthalmol. 2002;86:181-184
7. Huth S et al. Wavelength-dependent optical interferometry measurements of change in thickness of apical corneal tear film following eye drop instillation. Poster ARVO 2008
8. Benelli U et al. Tear osmolarity measurement using TearLab Osmolarity System in assessment dry eye treatment effectiveness. CLAE (2010), 33 61–67
9. Kislan T. Randomized, cross-over evaluation PEG-400 based artificial tear (blink) versus HP-Guar based artificial tear (Systane) for signs and symptoms of dry eye. Poster ARVO 2008
10. Noecker R. Effects of common ophthalmic preservatives on ocular health. Adv Ther. 2001;18(5):205-215