- Contact Lens Technologies for the Performance of MAX¹
Contact Lens Technologies for the Performance of MAX¹
Published on Jan 11, 2023
Authors: Meredith Bishop OD MS FAAO, David Ruston BSc FCOptom DipCLP FAAO, and John Buch OD MS FAAO
- Today’s lifestyles are often visually demanding, with many people directing their attention towards digital device screens for many hours.1
- ACUVUE® OASYS MAX 1-Day combines new technologies – TearStable™ Technology and the OptiBlue™ Light Filter#2 – for all day performance.3 A third technology, Pupil Optimized Design, is also employed for the multifocal lens.
- Download the article to learn more about the clinical outcomes and how these technologies combine to help provide patients the comfort and clarity of MAX*3.
# Filtering of HEV light by contact lenses has not been demonstrated to confer any health benefit to the user, including but not limited to retinal protection, protection from cataract progression, reduced eye strain, improved contrast, improved acuity, reduced glare, improved low light vision, or improved circadian rhythm/sleep cycle. The Eye Care Professional should be consulted for more information.
* Versus ACUVUE® OASYS 1-Day.
- 1. Eyesafe estimate based upon Nielsen Q3 2019 Total Audience Report. https://eyesafe.com/covid-19-screen-time-spike-to-over-13-hours-per-day/
- 2. JJV Data on File 2022. TearStable™ Technology Definition.
- 3. JJV Data on File, 2022. CSM Subjective Responses ACUVUE® OASYS MAX 1-Day Contact Lenses- Retrospective Meta-analysis.
Important safety information: ACUVUE® Contact Lenses are indicated for vision correction. As with any contact lens, eye problems, including corneal ulcers, can develop. Some wearers may experience mild irritation, itching or discomfort. Lenses should not be prescribed if patients have any eye infection, or experience eye discomfort, excessive tearing, vision changes, redness or other eye problems. Consult the package insert for complete information. Complete information is also available from Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. by calling 1-800-843-2020, or by visiting www.jnjvisionpro.com.