Meibomian Gland Evaluator
Standardized, repeatable evaluation of meibomian gland function
The Meibomian Gland Evaluator (MGE) provides a standardized, repeatable evaluation of meibomian gland function by applying the pressure of a deliberate blink while observing gland secretions through a slit lamp.
The MGE can be easily added into a routine eye exam and allows eye care professionals to determine function, track progression, and treatment response.
Functioning vs Blocked Glands
- Standardized, repeatable evaluation of meibomian gland function
- Easily added into a routine eye exam
- Determine function, track progression of obstruction of meibomian glands and determine treatment response
- Affordable for every eye care professional
SUMMARY OF IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
FOR THE MEIBOMIAN GLAND EVALUATOR
INDICATIONS FOR USE
The Meibomian Gland Evaluator is a hand held instrument used by a physician to evaluate Meibomian gland secretions in adult patients during a routine eye examination. The instrument provides a standardized method to apply consistent, gentle pressure to the outer skin of the lower eyelid while visualizing the secretions from the Meibomian gland orifices through a slit lamp biomicroscope.
No contraindications are known.
- Do not depress the shaft to the endpoint of the spring. Do not apply any additional force after the shaft has been depressed approximately 6 mm. Applying additional force negates the benefit of using the instrument to apply standard force.
- Familiarity with use of a slit lamp biomicroscope is required to use Meibomian Gland Evaluator for assessment of the meibomian gland secretions.
POTENTIAL ADVERSE EFFECTS
Potential adverse effects that are unlikely but may occur with use of the Meibomian Gland Evaluator include but are not limited to:
- Skin abrasion (e.g., from a rough surface on the device)
- Eye abrasion (e.g., from improper contact of the instrument with the eye)
- Infection of the skin or eye (e.g., from improper or lack of disinfection after use and between patients)
- Allergic or toxic reaction (e.g., from exposure to any residue on device during user handling)
To order this product, please contact your sales rep.