1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST Contact Lenses
1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST Contact Lenses
#1 choice for ODs switching a current reusable contact lens patient*
The lens with “an excellent safety profile”**1,2 and unbeaten comfort in its category.***
- Provides a long-lasting cushion of moisture for 20 hours or more4
- Eyelids glide over lens as if nothing is there with ACUVUE® Invisible Edge Design7
- The #1 selling daily disposable contact lens brand worldwide#
1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST contact lenses are ideal for
- Current reusable contact lens wearers seeking an affordable lens with reliable performance.
|Lens material||Etafilcon A|
|Dk/t (edge-corrected)6||25.5 x 10-9|
|Class 2 UV blocking†ᵒ^||~97% UVB and ~82% UVA|
|Center thickness at -3.00D (mm)||0.084mm|
|Base Curve||8.5mm, 9.0mm|
|Power Range||-0.50D to -6.00D (0.25D steps)
-6.50D to -12.00D (0.50D steps)
+0.50D to +6.00D (0.25D steps)
|Replacement Schedule||Single use: 1-day replacement|
|Package size||90 lenses per pack|
- LACREON® Technology is a unique Dual Action Technology designed to keep moisture in and irritation out with an embedded wetting agent (PVP) that won’t blink away˅ or release over time.3,4,5
- “An excellent safety profile”**1,2 , zero serious adverse events in a 1-year observational study
- Unbeaten comfort in its category*** with a natural tear-like ingredient that won’t blink away5
- The 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST family of lenses provides category-wide range of parameters to satisfy the vision needs of spherical, astigmatic, and presbyopic patients††6
*JJV Data on File 2021. IQVIA, using the ProVoice Survey, fielded to 576 Optometrists from June 1, 2021 to June 30, 2021, and substantiated with 95% statistical significance.
**In a year-long observational/surveillance registry that relied on patient reports of symptomatic adverse events that would have led them to seek clinical care, no symptomatic infiltrative events or serious adverse events were reported. These results should be considered in conjunction with other clinical results on the safety and efficacy of daily disposable etafilcon A contact lenses, which also generally show low rates of such events. Although no symptomatic infiltrative events were reported in this study, such events can and have occurred with daily disposable lenses, including 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST, as noted in the product labeling.
*** In 14 clinical studies posted on www.clinicaltrials.gov, 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST Brand Family (spherical, astigmatism, and multifocal) contact lenses has never been beaten in comfort in its category. www.clinicaltrials.gov is a website maintained by the NIH. The 14 clinical studies evaluated subjective comfort as a primary or secondary endpoint for 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST Brand Family (spherical, astigmatism, and multifocal) contact lenses with LACREON technology, within the category of hydrogel daily disposable contact lenses. Review conducted as of October 29, 2021.
˅The release profile for PVP in 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST over 24 hours demonstrated no detectable amount of PVP released throughout the 24-hour simulated wear period.
‡JJV Data on File 2021. In-market assessment with participating market representative optometrists in the US from October 2020 to December 2020, n=157.
§Oxygen transmissibility measured via polarographic method at center of a -3.00D lens using boundary-corrected, edge-corrected Dk values. Units: (cm/sec) (ml O2/ml x mm Hg) at 35°C.
†Class 2: Must transmit less than 50% (<50%) of UVA and 5% (<5%) of UVB. UV-blocking percentages are based on an average across the wavelength spectrum.
††Based on publicly available manufacturer information as of March 2020
#Source: Euromonitor International Limited, based on research conducted in December 2021, "world" and "globally" represent markets accounting for 76% of total daily disposable contact lenses in 2020 (retail sales).
ᵒHelps protect against transmission of harmful UV radiation to the cornea and into the eye.
^WARNING: UV-absorbing contact lenses are NOT substitutes for protective UV-absorbing eyewear such as UV-absorbing goggles or sunglasses because they do not completely cover the eye and surrounding area. You should continue to use UV-absorbing eyewear as directed. NOTE: Long-term exposure to UV radiation is one of the risk factors associated with cataracts. Exposure is based on a number of factors such as environmental conditions (altitude, geography, cloud cover) and personal factors (extent and nature of outdoor activities). UV-blocking contact lenses help provide protection against harmful UV radiation. However, clinical studies have not been done to demonstrate that wearing UV-blocking contact lenses reduces the risk of developing cataracts or other eye disorders. Consult your eye care practitioner for more information.
1. JJV Data on File 2021. CSM 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST Claims from the TEMPO Observational Registry
2. Chalmers RL, Hickson-Curran SB, Keay L et al. Rates of adverse events with hydrogel and silicone hydrogel daily disposable lenses in a large post-market surveillance registry: the TEMPO registry. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci.2015;56:654–663. DOI: 10.1167/iovs.14-15582
3. Sterner O, Aeschlimann R, Zurcher S, et al. Friction measurements on contact lenses in a physiologically relevant environment: Effect of testing conditions on friction. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2016,57(13):5383-5392.
4. JJV Data on File 2021. Dual Action Technology and “Cushion of Moisture” Description for 1-DAY ACUVUE MOIST Brand Family of Contact Lenses.
5. JJV Data on File 2021. Technical attributes for 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST with LACREON® Technology.
6. JJV Data on File 2020. 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST Family Parameters Coverage
7. JJV Data on File 2018. ACUVUE® Master Brand Claims on Clinical Performance and Overall Material Properties
Important Safety Information
ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses are indicated for vision correction. As with any contact lens, eye problems, including corneal ulcers, can develop. Some wearers may experience mild irritation, itching or discomfort. Lenses should not be prescribed if patients have any eye infection, or experience eye discomfort, excessive tearing, vision changes, redness or other eye problems. Consult the package insert for complete information. Complete information is also available from Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. by calling 1-800-843-2020, or by visiting JNJVISIONPRO.com.
ACUVUE®, ACUVUE® OASYS, 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST, EYE-INSPIRED™ and LACREON® are trademarks of Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc.
©Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. 2019