ACUVUE® OASYS MAX 1-Day MULTIFOCAL
ACUVUE® OASYS MAX 1-Day MULTIFOCAL
Life demands more from our eyes - adults now spend 13+ hours on digital screens.1 60% less blinking from looking at digital screens results in a compromised tear film and can impact comfort and vision.2,3 Blue-violet light is all around us all day and blue-violet light scatter impacts visual clarity.4 These intense demands are even more troubling for the aging eye. Accommodation declines, the tear film becomes less stable5, and patients experience an increase in light scatter6 – all of which may impact clarity of vision and comfort. Finally, the multifocal contact lens your patients have been waiting for. It delivers crisp, clear vision at all distances and in all lighting conditions, plus all-day comfort.7
ACUVUE® OASYS MAX 1-Day MULTIFOCAL unites three powerful technologies to address more presbyopic needs*.
Pupil Optimized Design
- 100% of parameters tailored to pupil size variations across age and refraction^^8
- Same unique optical design across all ACUVUE® Multifocal contact lenses8
- 92% of patients successfully fit with first pair at first visit and 96% successfully fit in 2 pairs of lenses or less‡9
- Optimizes wetting agent distribution throughout the lens and on the surface10,11,12
- Prolongs tear film stability10,11,12
- Delivers 2x lower evaporation rate§10,12
OptiBlue™ Light Filter**
- 60% Blue-violet light filtering††10
- Highest in the industry††10
ACUVUE® OASYS MAX 1-Day Contact Lenses
- Reduces light scatter‡‡11
- Reduces halos and starbursts‡‡11
ACUVUE® OASYS MAX 1-Day MULTIFOCAL Contact Lenses
- Provides crisp, clear vision at all distances, in all lighting conditions, plus all-day comfort.7
- Unique optical design8 to help you see near, far, and in-between.7
- Provides all-day comfort7 and visual clarity, day to night.7
- Has the highest level blue-violet light filter**,††,10 + Class 1 UV protection.†,¶,12
|Lens Material||Senofilcon A|
OptiBlue™ Light Filter**
PUPIL OPTIMIZED DESIGN
|Class 1 UV Blocking†¶||Class 1 | 100% UVB and 99.9% UVA12|
|Center thickness at -3.00D||0.070 mm|
|Base Cure||8.4 mm|
|Power Range||-9.00D to +6.00D (0.25D steps)
LOW: +0.75D to +1.25D
MID: +1.50D to +1.75D
HIGH: +2.00D to +2.50D
|Visibility Tint||Yes | Blue-Green10|
|Inside-Out Mark||Yes | 1-2-3|
|Available Pack Sizes||30 or 90 lenses for prescription
5 lenses for diagnostics
Proven on-eye performance in clinical trials of patients wearing ACUVUE® OASYS MAX 1-Day MULTIFOCAL:
- 94% report clear vision when using a digital device7
- 80% report clear vision near, far and in-between7
- 94% reported comfort throughout the day7
- 90% report end-of-day comfort7
* Versus 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST MULTIFOCAL and ACUVUE® OASYS MULTIFOCAL.
^^ Compared to competitor’s designs, technology optimized for both the parameters of refractive error and add power.
‡ Four total lenses.
§ Versus Dailies Total1®, MyDay® and Infuse®. Also significantly less than ACUVUE® OASYS 1-Day.
†† Versus publicly available information for standard daily use contact lenses as of July 2022.
‡‡ Versus ACUVUE® OASYS 1-Day.
§§ Descriptive data from 4 clinical studies.
- COVID-19: Screen Time spikes to over 13 hours per day according to Eyesafe Nielsen estimates, published 3/28/20, https://eyesafe.com/covid-19-screen-time-spike-to-over-13-hours-per-day/
- Tsubota K, Nakamori K. Dry eyes and video display terminals. N Engl J Med. 1993;328(8):584. doi: 10.1056/NEJM199302253280817.
- Patel S, Henderson R, Bradley L, et al. Effect of visual display unit use on blink rate and tear stability. Optom Vis Sci 1991;68(11):888-892. doi: 10.1097/00006324-199111000-00010.
- JJV Data on File 2022. Blue-Violet Filter Utilized in ACUVUE® OASYS MAX 1-Day Contact Lenses.
- Mostafa Y, SaifM, Saeed M, and ElSaadanyS. The Effect of Age and Gender on Tear Film Breakup Time. Egyptian Journal of Medical Research. 2021;2:137-148.
- Van Den Berg TJ, Van Rijn LJ, Michael R, et al. Straylight effects with aging and lens extraction. Am J Ophthalmol2007;144(3):358-363.
- JJV Data on File 2022. Subjective Stand-Alone Claims for ACUVUE® OASYS MAX 1-Day MULTIFOCAL Contact Lenses - Exploratory Meta-analysis.
- JJV Data on File 2022. ACUVUE® PUPIL OPTIMIZED DESIGN Technology: JJVC Contact Lenses, Design Features, and Associated Benefits.
- JJV Data on File 2022: Stand-Alone Fit Success Claims for ACUVUE® OASYS MAX 1-Day MULTIFOCAL Contact Lenses.
- JJV Data on File 2022. TearStable™ Technology Definition.
- JJV Data on File 2022. Effect on Tear Film and Evaluation of Visual Artifacts of ACUVUE® OASYS MAX 1-Day Family with TearStable™ Technology.
- JJV Data on File 2022. Material Properties: 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST, 1-DAY ACUVUE® TruEye®, ACUVUE® OASYS 1-Day with HydraLuxe® Technology and ACUVUE® OASYS MAX 1-Day with TearStable™ Technology Brand Contact Lenses and other daily disposable contact lens brands.
** Filtering of HEV light by contact lenses has not been demonstrated to confer any health benefit to the user, including but not limited to retinal protection, protection from cataract progression, reduced eye strain, improved contrast, improved acuity, reduced glare, improved low light vision, or improved circadian rhythm/sleep cycle. The Eye Care Professional should be consulted for more information.
† Helps protect against transmission of harmful UV radiation to the cornea and into the eye.
¶ WARNING: UV-absorbing contact lenses are NOT substitutes for protective UV-absorbing eyewear such as UV-absorbing goggles or sunglasses because they do not completely cover the eye and surrounding area. You should continue to use UV-absorbing eyewear as directed. NOTE: Long-term exposure to UV radiation is one of the risk factors associated with cataracts. Exposure is based on a number of factors such as environmental conditions (altitude, geography, cloud cover) and personal factors (extent and nature of outdoor activities). UV-blocking contact lenses help provide protection against harmful UV radiation. However, clinical studies have not been done to demonstrate that wearing UV-blocking contact lenses reduces the risk of developing cataracts or other eye disorders. Consult your eye care practitioner for more information.
Important safety information: ACUVUE® Contact Lenses are indicated for vision correction. As with any contact lens, eye problems, including corneal ulcers, can develop. Some wearers may experience mild irritation, itching or discomfort. Lenses should not be prescribed if patients have any eye infection, or experience eye discomfort, excessive tearing, vision changes, redness or other eye problems. Consult the package insert for complete information. Complete information is also available from Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. by calling 1-800-843-2020, or by visiting www.jnjvisionpro.com.