The only brand family with 100% of parameters optimized by both age and refraction vs <2% for the leading competitor.*1
ACUVUE® MULTIFOCAL Contact Lenses with PUPIL OPTIMIZED DESIGN brings together 3 unique technologies to deliver performance and comfort, regardless of age or refractive error.1
- SUPERIOR VISUAL PERFORMANCE**2: PUPIL OPTIMIZED DESIGN tailors 100% of parameters to pupil size variations across both age and refraction vs. <2% for the leading competitor.*2
- A more PRECISE FIT: Hybrid Back Curve Technology includes an aspheric center to better match the natural curve of the cornea to help keep optics in the right shape, and a spherical periphery to help keep optics in the right place.2
- UNBEATEN COMFORT: ACUVUE® MULTIFOCAL Contact Lenses use a proprietary embedded wetting agent to keep the eye comfortable throughout the day3. With our multifocal technology available in our brands unbeaten in comfort in their category.##‡‡
Same design, parameters, and simple 3‑step fit process for the modality that fits your patient.1
Available on both the #1 selling Daily Disposable in the world, ACUVUE® MOIST, and ACUVUE® OASYS, the #1 selling contact lenses brand in the world.††^
|ACUVUE® OASYS MULTIFOCAL with PUPIL OPTIMIZED DESIGN||1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST MULTIFOCAL with PUPIL OPTIMIZED DESIGN|
|Modality||2-Week Reusable||Daily Disposable|
Combines 3 unique technologies:
Combines 3 unique technologies:
|Comfort||Part of a brand family unbeaten in comfort##‡‡||Part of a brand family unbeaten in comfort in its category##‡‡|
|Parameters||183 parameters 100% optimized for age and refraction2|
|Fit||Simple 3-step fit process|
|Fit success||97% fit success rate with 2 pairs of lenses or less†1||94% fit success rate with 2 pairs of lenses or less†4|
|Comprehensive range||Available in complete brand families that include Sphere, Toric, and Multifocal options|
|Product Details||Product Details|
PUPIL OPTIMIZED DESIGN is built into every lens so you can fit in 3 easy steps1:
- Perform fresh spherical refraction in ambient light
- Determine ocular dominance using sensory method
- Determine functional ADD
Then put this information into the simple ACUVUE® MULTIFOCAL Fitting Calculator.
How to choose the right contact lens
Here are some more resources to help you choose the right multifocal contact lens for your patients.
Online courses and certifications
If you want additional training, take a look at our online courses and certifications.
- Advanced Training: Specialty Contact Lenses
- Design & Performance: 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST MULTIFOCAL Contact Lenses
Order ACUVUE® MULTIFOCAL Contact Lenses
From the brand family of ACUVUE® OASYS, the #1 selling contact lens brand worldwide†† and never beaten in comfort in 25 clinical studies.‡‡
From the brand family of 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST, the #1 selling daily disposable contact lens brand in the world^ and unbeaten in comfort in its category.##
*Compared to competitors' designs; technology optimized for both the parameters of refractive error and ADD power.
**Compared to prior JJV multifocal design; technology optimized for both the parameters of refractive error and ADD power for a multitude of viewing distances and light levels.
##www.clinicaltrials.gov is a website maintained by the NIH. The 14 clinical studies evaluated subjective comfort as a primary or secondary endpoint for 1-Day ACUVUE® MOIST Brand Family (spherical, astigmatism, and multi focal) contact lenses with LACREON® technology. Category is defined as hydrogel daily disposable contact lenses. Review conducted as of December 21, 2020.
‡‡www.clinicaltrials.gov is a website maintained by the NIH. The 25 clinical studies evaluated subjective comfort as a primary or secondary endpoint for ACUVUE® OASYS Brand 2-weekly and ACUVUE® OASYS with Transitions™ Light Intelligent Technology™. Review conducted as of November 12, 2020.
††Source: Euromonitor International; Eyewear 2021 Edition; Value sales at RSP, all retails channels, 2019 data.
^Source: Euromonitor International Limited; based on research conducted in August 2020; "world" and "globally" represent markets accounting for 76% of total daily disposable contact lenses in 2019 (retail sales).
†Four total lenses.
1. JJV Data on File 2020. ACUVUE® OASYS MULTIFOCAL Fit and Performance Claims.
2. JJV Data on File 2020. ACUVUE® PUPIL OPTIMIZED DESIGN TECHNOLOGY: JJVC Contact Lenses, Design Features, and Associated Benefits.
3. JJV Data on File 2018. ACUVUE® Master Brand Claims on Clinical Performance and Overall Material Properties.
4. JJV Data on File 2015. 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST MULTIFOCAL Fit and Performance.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses are indicated for vision correction. As with any contact lens, eye problems, including corneal ulcers, can develop. Some wearers may experience mild irritation, itching or discomfort. Lenses should not be prescribed if patients have any eye infection, or experience eye discomfort, excessive tearing, vision changes, redness or other eye problems. Consult the package insert for complete information. Complete information is also available from Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. by calling 1-800-843-2020, or by visiting JNJVISIONPRO.com.
WARNING: UV-absorbing contact lenses are NOT substitutes for protective UV-absorbing eyewear such as UV-absorbing goggles or sunglasses because they do not completely cover the eye and surrounding area. You should continue to use UV-absorbing eyewear as directed. NOTE: Long-term exposure to UV-radiation is one of the risk factors associated with cataracts. Exposure is based on a number of factors such as environmental conditions (altitude, geography, cloud cover) and personal factors (extent and nature outdoor activities). UB-blocking contact lenses help provide protection against harmful UV radiation. However, clinical studies have not been done to demonstrate that wearing UV-blocking contact lenses reduces the risk of developing cataracts or other disorders.
©Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. 2021 | PP2021MLT4254